qt2.2 and others: shared library linking errors

It looks like we've been hit by a nasty little binutils bug; applications
will often fail to link (at compile time) to things in .gnu.linkonce
sections (e.g. templated code).  There should be a fix in a few days, and
then we can try to sort out and rebuild the problem apps - I know at least
qt2.2 is affected.

Dan