Re: policy violation and bug reports. - some resolution?

Hi,
>>"Christian" == Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

Christian> On 25 Feb 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote: [snip]
>> I would propose that no package keep files in user home directories
>> as a policy. This is not hard to do, and it would allow the user
>> full control over their home directory, which is a right we should
>> respect.

Christian> Right. I'm wondering why we need to ship the /root/.bash*
Christian> configuration files at all! It looks like all what they do
Christian> can also be done in /etc/profile, right?

	Well, maybe not. root's path should have sbins in ti, normal
 users should not get it by default. Also, roots bashrc could be a
 little more paranoid.

	I still think that /usr/doc/base-files/examples/root.bashrc.gz
 is a nice place.

	manoj
--
 "Everybody is talking about the weather but nobody does anything
 about it." Mark Twain