Re: malsync/AvantGo + a few other things

On 9 Apr 2000, Rob Tillotson wrote:

> One of them probably does.  I'm not sure which one, but I would
> suspect either JPilot or PilotManager, since they are both complete
> sync kits (there is also Pyrite, but I'm the author and I know it
> definitely does not hang onto the port when it's not in use).
>
> Anyway, press the HotSync button without running any pilot-related app
> first, and see what happens...

Nope tried that already.  Pressing hotsync with no apps just sees the
Pilot hanging there...  If it were anything but jpilot, I presume jpilot's
sync wouldn't work either...

>   http://plucker.gnu-designs.com/

Ooh this does look nifty!

I have another question.  Been hunting around trying to find it but to no
avail.  I co-run www.spraci.com which is a what's on system for dance
parties.  I want to set up a spraci->Palm (and others) system somehow that
actually integrates as opposed to just downloading a document file.

The easiest way, user interface-wise, would be for us to have a
downloadable pdb file that adds entries into the Dates application under
our own category title with attached notes perhaps.

Is there some nice, nifty piece of script or otherwise to perform this?
Ideally something that takes some sort of standard formatted text (comma,
tab or XML) and churns out a .pdb file?

---
Rev Simon Rumble       The Roman Rule:
simon@rumble.net       The one who says it cannot be done should never