Re: gdb with prc-tools under slink?

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 12:25:12AM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:

>     Tim> On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 12:15:08AM -0800, Ron Hale-Evans
>     Tim> wrote:
>     >> Can anyone get this to work? I'm sort of aghast that it doesn't
>     >> run _at all_...
>     Tim> I've been using the gdb in prc-tools 0.5.0r-3 for several
>     Tim> days now with very few problems.  The only problems I've seen
>     Tim> have to do with POSE crashing...  Debugging works fine.
>
> This is the rub.  For some people gdb crashes at startup yet I (the
> current maintainer of prc-tools) cannot get it to break for love nor
> money.  Can't fix what I can't reproduce :(

I think this is a library version mismatch.  I remember getting this
problem at one time on an old system, and recompiling gdb myself fixed
it.  I think recompiling is the only solution if you don't want to
upgrade to potato (potato will be officially released soon, so if you
wait a little while, you won't have to worry about using "unstable").

-Ben
--
Ben Darnell              bgdarnel@unity.ncsu.edu
http://thoughtstream.org