Suggestions on how to "upstream" mailcap?

Hello everybody,

it has been a long time I have not posted here…

I adopted the mime-support package in 2012 and in 2020 I split it into
media-types, which contains just /etc/mime.types, and then mailcap,
which contains the rest.  At each stable release, media-types is quite
well synchronised with the IANA's list of media types.

I am less proud of my work on mailap.  To be honest, I have neglected
it.  At the moment it is a Debian native package, and to give it more
chances to keep up, I would like to turn it into an upstream project
that has better chance to attract contributors beyond Debian and its
derivatives.

Mailcap is mostly single Perl script, plus some documentation and
Debian-specific triggers which are not essential out of the context of a
packaging system.  I have been wondering if it would make sense to
distribute it as App::Mailcap on CPAN.  And I would be happy to have
your feedback, about this idea.

Here is the source code:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/mailcap

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy                         Nagahama, Yomitan, Okinawa, Japan
Tooting from work,               https://fediscience.org/@charles_plessy