Re: Moving fusioninventory under the debian-perl umbrella

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017, 06:26 Guillaume Bougard <gbougard@teclib.com> wrote:
Le Mon, 02 Jan 2017 11:55:54 -0500,
goneri@lebouder.net (Gonéri Le Bouder) a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> The fusioninventory package is not actively maintained by me anymore
> and Guillaume Bougard kindly suggested to take it over. Thanks
> Guillaume! He would like to do it on behalf of the Perl team which is
> also a great initiative.
>
> This is a mail to just confirm I'm all for these changes and wish him
> the best with the fusioninventory package.
>
> Happy new year,
> --
>      Gonéri

Thank you Gonéri !

To continue in that way, does anyone in the debian-perl group can help
me now to take over the package ?

I read carefully http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html and I'm not
sure what's the next step.

Actually I can't upload myself a dedicated repository to git.debian.org
and as I still worked on a dedicated branch on github for the debian
packaging, what should I do ?

My debian packaging branch is at:
https://github.com/TECLIB/fusioninventory-agent/tree/2.3.x+debian-packaging

Does is make sense to merge it upstream or should we just clone it to
git.debian.org and continue there ?

As a side question, what the process to help updating debian-perl
managed packages while you're a contributor ? This seems only easy for
any DD as you can push to got.debian.org but how to do when you can't ?
So do I have to push my contributions as patch on this list ?

If you join the team on alioth (create a guest account, mine is jawnsy-guest) you can push to the shared git repository.  I used to work on quite a few packages, and have never been a Debian developer.  Package uploads will be reviewed and sponsored by a DD.  There's documentation on our alioth site that I can't access easily right now, as I'm typing on my phone, but you might be able to find it yourself. pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org

Cheers,

Guillaume Bougard