Re: Proposal of minimal split of libconfig-model-perl

Hi,

gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 18:33:07 +0200, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> > After some discussion on #debian-perl, I've decided to reduce the scope of the
> > package split.
> >
> > App::Cme will be spun of Config::Model upstream (doing the split upstream will
> > give more visibility to cme outside of Debian).

Which is a really good idea. Many people working in the context of
automating debian package management (c.f. debdry) don't know about
it, because it's hidden in one of these thousands of lib*-perl
packages.

> > App::Cme will contain cme and bash_completion files
>
> Sounds good to me.

Yes, please do so! Looking very forward to it! :-)

> > On Debian side, cme package will depend on libconfig-model-perl and  recommend
> > or suggest the packages containing models (like libconfig-model-dpkg-perl).
>
> I'd go for Recommends for the "important" ones.

Yes, especially libconfig-model-dpkg-perl.

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> > Hm, or maybe even Depends for libconfig-model-dpkg-perl, since that's
> > what most packagers will actually need/want when they install/run cme.
>
> I disagree, packagers are not the only users of cme. For instance, I believe
> that lcdproc users will not be happy to see libconfig-model-dpkg-perl
> installed on their system (because cme is used during package upgrade).

Good point. Recommends seem to fit best then.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin