Re: Advance freeze exception request for libxml-rsslite-perl

Hi Ernesto,

replying to your signature.

On Saturday 23 October 2010 01:19:09 Ernesto Hernández-Novich wrote:
> --
> Prof. Ernesto Hernández-Novich - MYS-220C - @iamemhn
> Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.
> If you can't aptitude it, it isn't useful or doesn't exist.

So does the fact that I cannot aptitude (or apt-get for that matter) Freecell
Solver above 2.34.0 (having reached 2.42.0 and then 3.2.0) means it isn't
useful or does not exist? See:

If so, does it mean that Freecell Solver 2.34.0 is not necessarily so?

Furthermore, I should note that when I used Ubuntu, I was constantly annoyed
by the fact that aptitude kept emitting 7 lines of useless goblygock before
the meaningful line and 7 lines of that afterwards (for a total of 15 lines
with the meaningful line in the middle). See:

http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-software/rev2/

Now when I'm on Debian I prefer to use apt-get because it's much less noisy.

There's likely a lot of other software that exists and is useful and is not in
the Debian repositories due to various reasons. This includes Firefox 3.6.x,
which is already at 3.6.11 and there's also 4.0b8pre, while Iceweasel
(Debian's fork of it) is stuck in 3.5.x in both Debian Testng and Debian
Unstable.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish