Perl Problems

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking this so if I should
send this to another list please let me know.)

I have two boxes running Debian stable. They are both running backported
2.4.27 kernels. Aside from the fact that one of them is running on an x86
box and the other is PowerPC, they have identical (as far as I can tell)
Perl environments. However one of my scripts runs fine on the x86 box but
throws a taint error on the PowerPC box. (The same script without any
changes.) I've included some output that hopefully will help track down this
error.

=================
=================

===
dpkg package listing
===

(x86 Box)# dpkg -l | grep perl
ii  dh-make-perl   0.9            Create debian packages from perl modules
ii  libdbi-perl    1.21-2woody2   The Perl5 Database Interface by Tim Bunce
ii  libmail-sendma 0.78-1         Send email from a perl script
ii  libnet-perl    1.09.01-1      Implementation of Internet protocols for
Per
ii  libperl5.6     5.6.1-8.8      Shared Perl library.
ii  libterm-readke 2.19-1         A perl module for simple terminal control
ii  liburi-perl    1.18-1         Manipulates and accesses URI strings
ii  libwww-perl    5.64-1         WWW client/server library for Perl
ii  perl           5.6.1-8.8      Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and
Report
ii  perl-base      5.6.1-8.8      The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish
Lister.
ii  perl-modules   5.6.1-8.8      Core Perl modules.

(PowerPC box)# dpkg -l|grep perl
[...]

Running the Script
===

(x86 Box)# ./selfscan.cgi

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";><html><head><META
HTTP-EQUIV="EXPIRES" CONTENT="0">
<title>Pomona College ResNet Security Self
common vulnerabilites. <br>Depending on your configuration this may take a
few minutes to complete. <br>
Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./selfscan.cgi line 64.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
/usr/share/perl5/Net/CIDR.pm line 1123.
/usr/share/perl5/Net/CIDR.pm line 1123.
 at ./selfscan.cgi line 235

(Those errors about uninitialized values are due to the script wanting the
IP of the remote system. When I run from the command line those values
obviosuly don't exist. Running through apache doesn't throw those errors.)

(PowerPC Box)# ./selfscan.cgi
Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T switch at ../../lib/POSIX.pm
(autosplit into ../../lib/auto/POSIX/getcwd.al) line 667.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/perl5/Net/Nessus/ScanLite.pm
line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/perl5/Net/Nessus/ScanLite.pm
line 7.
Compilation failed in require at ./selfscan.cgi line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./selfscan.cgi line 15.

Thanks
Jefferson Cowart
Jeff@cowart.net