Re: Forge packages recompiled against Octave 5 no longer depend on liboctave7

* Sébastien Villemot <sebastien@debian.org> [2019-10-28 14:42]:

Le dimanche 27 octobre 2019 à 21:43 +0100, Rafael Laboissière a écrit :

It would be perhaps better to use mkoctfile directly for getting the information:

    $ mkoctfile --print API_VERSION
    api-v53

What do you think?

The ideal way would be to extract the information from the binaries. But since that seems fragile (or maybe impossible for MEX files), ok for using the information from mkoctfile.

I implemented and pushed the changes in both dh-octave and octave packages. The liboctaveN package now provides the virtual package octave-abi-M and dh-octave injects the dependency in all packages having *.oct and *.mex files.

If nobody objects, I will upload the new version of both packages to unstable. After that, all OF packages containing *.oct and *.mex files will need to be uploaded as well.

Best,

Rafael