Re: Liquidsoap new version build failure

On 2023/11/23 13:31, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
Dear Kyle,

Le 23/11/2023 à 12:13, Kyle Robbertze a écrit :
You need to build-depend on libppx-string-ocaml-dev (which has just been accepted!).

Thanks! That and ocaml-metadata were the links I was missing. I'm still struggling to get it building though and it is reaching the end of my ocaml knowledge. The libgd-ocaml-dev package ships cmi and cmax files on amd64, but seems to be missing the cmx native file? The build failure is:

File "_none_", line 1:
Warning 58 [no-cmx-file]: no cmx file was found in path for module Gd, and its interface was not compiled with -opaque

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

That would be a problem in the (Debian) gd4o package.

It seems gd4o differs from the one in OPAM (gd package, hosted in savonet's github). They have the same version number, but the savonet version uses dune whereas the Debian version does not.

I would update the gd4o Debian package to use savonet's upstream (liquidsoap is the only reverse dependency).

Thank you! With gd4o updated, I have finally managed to build liquidsoap 2.2.2. Once I clean up the packaging, it should be ready for upload. Hopefully in the next few days

Cheers
Kyle

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀