How to handle dependencies with OCaml

Hi,

A Debian user (testing) has just filled a bug concerning cduce:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=389637. This bug says
that there's some incompatibilities between cduce and pcre:

        Files /usr/lib/ocaml/3.09.2/cduce/cduce_lib.cma(Cduce_lib)
        and /usr/lib/ocaml/3.09.2/pcre/pcre.cma(Pcre)
        make inconsistent assumptions over interface Pcre

Looking at buildd logs of cduce [1], it seems that the cduce version
used by our user has been compiled against version 5.10.1-4 of
libpcre-ocaml-dev. However, the current version of libpcre-ocaml-dev in
testing is 5.11.1-1. So I think that the upgrade of libpcre-ocaml-dev
broke cduce: I should have recompiled cduce against the new version of
libpcre-ocaml.

However, how can I been informed that I need to rebuild cduce ? Should
I use strict dependencies against OCaml libraries in the debian/control
file of cduce ? Is there's a way to solve this problem ? Should I
rebuild cduce as soon as one of its dependencies changes ?

Thanks,

Thomas

[1]
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=cduce&ver=0.4.0-4%2Bb1&arch=i386&stamp=1155668355&file=log&as=raw