Re: [matthijs@stdin.nl: Debian Maintainer Application]

Matthijs Kooijman has been a member of the Vuurmuur development
community for quite some time now. In that period he has participated in
development and user support of the project, and both were done well. In
the development he has been able to produce good code, including fixes
to the Debian packaging support. Matthijs has shown to deal with
feedback of other developers very well. Support, mostly done in IRC, was
done with patience. Matthijs is a valuable member of the Vuurmuur team
and I strongly recommend him for any project.

Best regards,

Victor Julien
Lead developer & maintainer
Vuurmuur Firewall Project
http://www.vuurmuur.org/

Matthijs Kooijman wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> Here's the original mail for easy replying (make sure to reply to
> debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org and sign your reply!).
>
> Would you advocate me by sending a reply describing my work and other things
> you might find relevant? See http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers for details.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matthijs

> Subject:
> Debian Maintainer Application
> From:
> Matthijs Kooijman <matthijs@stdin.nl>
> Date:
> Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:56:19 +0200
> To:
> debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org
>
> To:
> debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org
> CC:
> matthijs@stdin.nl
>

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to become a Debian Maintainer and help improve Debian.  I have
> read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian Machine
> Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the package openttd.
> My GnuPG key 8A2FAFBC is signed by the Debian Developer Peter van Rossum. I've
> been looking for more signatures, but Debian Developers aren't so numerous
> in the Eastern Netherlands :-)
>
> I hope that becoming a Debian maintainer will allow me to do more work for
> Debian!
>
> Gr.
>
> Matthijs

- --