AM report for Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org>

Report for new developer applicant Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x5E3619D3:
   ID check passed, key signed by several developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   1024D/5E3619D3 2003-05-31
      Key fingerprint = D792 B8A5 A567 B001 C342  2613 BDF2 A220 5E36 19D3
   uid                  Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org>
   sig!         627CCF95 2005-03-01  Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org>
   sig!2        A1696D2B 2003-11-01  Laurent Fousse <laurent@komite.net>
   sig!2        6D4FC66F 2003-11-06  Nicolas Boullis <nboullis@debian.org>
   sig!2        8D5F40CB 2004-10-23  Pierre Chifflier <chifflier@inl.fr>
   sig!3        29499F61 2003-11-03  Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org>
   sig!3        D75F8533 2003-11-03  Josselin Mouette <joss@malsain.org>
   sig!3        6E8169D2 2003-11-04  Raphael Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com>
   sig!3        B5444815 2004-08-06  Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>
   sig!3        EAAC62DF 2004-10-23  Cyril Bouthors <cyril@bouthors.org>
   sig!3        023B3F4F 2004-10-24  Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
   sig!3        90267086 2005-01-06  Marc Dequènes (Duck) <Duck@DuckCorp.org>
   sig!3        5E3619D3 2003-05-31  Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org>
   sig!3        5E3619D3 2003-11-16  Arnaud Fontaine <arnaud@andesi.org>
   sig!         9D025E87 2006-09-28  Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.org>
   sig!         AEBCE71F 2006-10-08  Christian Bayle <bayle@debian.org>
   sig!3        4A5D72FE 2006-09-28  Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org>

   Let's test if its a version 4 or greater key Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   I  came to  GNU/Linux 6  years  ago. After  testing a  lot of
   GNU/Linux distribution, i finally came to  Debian GNU/Linux because
   it is the most interesting in  my opinion because  of its
   development process  and also because  it  promotes  free
   software.   Firstly,  i  began  by writing documentation in
   French[0] for helping  beginners to switch  to Debian. I'm also
   involved a bit on the  GNU/Hurd port for Debian, i try to write
   some patches fixing FTBFS on the Hurd. Since the beginning i
   switched to Debian GNU/Linux,  I want to contribute,  that's why i
   began to package squashfs and then python modules. In addition, i'm
   working on Wotomae[1] this  summer (Summer  of  Code),  which is
   really  interesting. In the future,  i would  like to  work on
   collabmaint[2] in  order  to improve quality in Debian.

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: arnau
   Forward-Email: arnaud@andesi.org

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Arnaud has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Arnaud committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Arnaud has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Arnaud is maintainer of around 30 packages, mostly python-related.
   All packages are in good shape. Arnaud also answered my other
   questions regarding T&S without problems and provided patches for
   RC bugs.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Arnaud as a Debian Developer.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/