Re: another wake-up call (sad, but true)

Hi,

El dom, 11-12-2005 a las 01:55 +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Ghe Rivero <ghe.rivero@gmail.com> writes:
> > 	I've been on the NM process since March this year. It tooks four months
> > to have an AM assigned and 3 months later (due to some AM problems at
> > the beginnig) i passed everything. 1 month later, my AM recommends me,
> > and one more ,until now, the FD have not check completeness of report
> > already,
>
> Yes. As checking your report as FD wouldn't make the DAM queue shorter,
> I preferred to use my (rare, at the moment) free time to do other Debian
> stuff. It really doesn't make a difference if you wait in my queue or in
> Joerg's, I fear.

	Of course doesn't matter whom queue i'm waiting, but if you don't have
free time for it now, and the others are more or less in the same
dynamic, it's a problem that we should resolve.

> > and i don't want to imagine, how long it will take to the final DAM
> > approval (bad news says its around 10/12 months!).
>
> No, for normal cases, DAM approval does not need a year.

	Thanks to dato via irc and this messages, these are the firsts news i have for almost a month.
I don't how the others newmaint are doing it, but i don't like be waiting 4, 6 , X months without news.
Maybe i little more of communication or feedback would be ok (Even just to say "next month we will
start looking at your report..."). The only way that i have to check my applayment is via web,
that i must check periodically since i don't received any mail when
there was any change.

> > There is not too much people in the process: 6 waiting for FD Approval
> > and another 23 for the DAM one, so it's not so overloaded.
>
> As each reports needs about 1 1/2 to 2 hours of checking, you're talking
> about ~50 hours of quite boring volunteer work here. It's not really
> overloaded, but there have been some problems in the last few
> months. We're working on it.

	Some day i hope to help with this (even if its just a couple of hour a
week)

> >	So, what it takes me two/three months to finish, will go over almost 2
> > years.
>
> No.

	Well, as i said, the time to finish everything is not the main problem
for the new maintainers, what i don't like is to wait without any news.

>Marc

	Ghe Rivero

PD.- If there is any thing i can do... just ask

--
CPD - Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca
Tlf. 923 277 136 - Ext. 7263

 .''`.  Pienso, Luego Incordio
: :' :
`. `'   Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux (Sid 2.6.9-smp Ext3)
  `-    www.debian.org    www.upsa.es

GPG Key: 26F020F7
GPG fingerprint: 4986 39DA D152 050B 4699  9A71 66DB 5A36 26F0 20F7