Re: delays in newmaint process

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:21:53PM +0200, John Leuner wrote:
> I can't believe the new maintainer process takes 6 months to a year. Can
> someone confirm that this is really the case and comment on why it's
> like this?

Why don't you check it yourself?
Take a look at NM's page http://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php
and some statistics at http://nm.debian.org/

Very often it takes even more than year.

> If it's normal practice to hand over a package to someone else who isn't
> a DD by sponsoring their uploads, we can go ahead and it this way.

That's normal. I've got twenty source packages in Debian's archives, and
I'm asking my sponsors for every upload. There's nothing wrong with that,
cause happily there are plenty DDs which are so kind to help
to-be-maintainers.

In fact it is required to have package(s) in Debian's archives before
becaming DD.

[...]

regards
fEnIo
--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska