AM report for Göran Weinholt <weinholt@dtek.chalmers.se>

Summary for Göran Weinholt <weinholt@dtek.chalmers.se>

Identity
--------

Göran's key is signed by Martin Sjögren.

pub  1024D/4A8854E6 2003-01-21 Göran Weinholt <weinholt@dtek.chalmers.se>
sig!        D8A84AFF 2003-03-25   Tobias Wennergren (extra) <miniztry@hack.se>
sig!2       905138F4 2003-07-26   Alastair McKinstry (Debian key) <mckinstry@debian.org>
sig!2       E9F2C747 2003-08-01   Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>
sig!2       C09FD35A 2003-08-07   Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
sig!3       9C04F456 2003-02-20   Martin Sjögren <sjogren@debian.org>
sig!3       FF16D6E8 2003-07-19   Martin List-Petersen <martin@list-petersen.dk>
sig!3       4A8854E6 2003-01-21   Göran Weinholt <weinholt@dtek.chalmers.se>
rev!        FF16D6E8 2003-08-12   Martin List-Petersen <martin@list-petersen.dk>
rev!        E9F2C747 2003-08-19   Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>
rev!        C09FD35A 2003-08-12   Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
sub  1024g/0C25C440 2003-01-21
sig!        4A8854E6 2003-01-21   Göran Weinholt <weinholt@dtek.chalmers.se>

Background
----------

"I'm a student of computer science and engineering at Chalmers University
of Technology in Göteborg, Sweden. I'm also the system administrator at AB
Strakt where I take care of mostly Debian boxen. I've used Linux since
1997, and I've been learning C for almost as long.

I want to volunteer my time to Debian because it's a free operating system,
and I think that is a very nice thing to be working on. It's also very fun.
I intend to maintain a small set of packages that I care alot about, and
then mostly do QA work. I'd like to make the list of RC bugs smaller, and
being able to NMU packages myself would really help alot."

Göran currently maintains aterm (sponsored by Jordi Mallach) and giftcurs
(sponsored by Robert McQueen, his advocate).

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

Göran understands Debian's philosophy and agrees with it.  Ivan Kohler
previously did some P&P, and I later clarified some items and asked some
more questions.

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Frank answered Joerg's T&S template very promtly and had no problems with
it at all.  I only had to clarify some minor issues.  Daniel Stone reviewed
his packages and made some suggestions.  Similarly, Jörg Jaspert also
looked at them and found some small things which Göran addressed promptly.
I'm satisfied with the packages, and think they're nicely done.  Göran has
also done some good work on util-linux over the last months, reproducing
bugs and forwarding them to upstream (sometimes along with patches).
LaMont recently gave Göran permission to directly close util-linux's bugs
in the BTS if they don't apply anymore.  Göran has also done some nice QA
work, such as handling bug reports filed against packages which the BTS
doesn't know about.

Recommendation

I recommend that Göran be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com