Re: Question about the ID process from a new AM

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 02:30:56PM -0700, Mike Markley wrote:
> According to the "initial contact template" on the nm-howto thing,
> gpg-signed photo ID is still accepted for the ID portion. However, I
> remember some controversy over this in the last few months; so, is it still
> acceptable? My first applicant has GPG-signed photo ID, but no developer
> sigs on his key. So, is this acceptable or not? :) Thanks...

Mike,

Yes it is acceptable. I believe the discussions involved in the
controversy resolved itself to the present status quo: If not
signed_by_debian_developer - then require gpg_signed_photo_id.

Gopal.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer