Re: Jackd2 - Pulseaudio negotiation failing

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM, frederic rech <f.rech@yahoo.fr> wrote:

>> most people on the list uninstall PA... But there's a possibility that
>> Jack
>> & PA can live together, have you follow the howto here :
>>
>> http://jackaudio.org/pulseaudio_and_jack
>
> Hmm, will try option 3, redirecting via pulseaudio-module-jack. Lets
> see how that goes...
>

>>> Please let the list know -F

It works! I followed the instructions in the jack wiki[1], and it works.

The only problem is volume management: I need to access the alsa mixer
directly via alsamixer to manipulate the volumes (it was muted by
default which confused me a bit). Is it possible to trick the gnome
applet into manipulating the hardware mixer instead of the pulseaudio
mixer?

[1] http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/PulseOnJack

--

Saludos,