Re: Handholding needed, how to start jackd?

Hi Tapio,

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 05:52:03PM +0300, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> I don't know why jackd refuses to run. Also I do not know where to get
> realtime-lsm.

as far as i know, realtime-lsm is only needed on kernels that don't have
the realtime patch applied, so you won't need it with a demudi kernel.
ortherwise the realtime-lsm-source package is in testing.

> sysman@wally:~$ alsaplayer
> Failed to load output plugin "alsa". Trying defaults.
> jack: server not running?
> /usr/lib/alsaplayer/output/libjack_out.so failed to load
> NOTE: THIS IS THE NULL PLUGIN.      YOU WILL NOT HEAR SOUND!!

it seems that you don't have alsa loaded on your machine. what soundcard
do you have?

> sysman@wally:~$ uname -a
> Linux wally 2.4.27-1-multimedia-k7 #1 Sun Nov 7 23:00:03 CET 2004 i686 GNU/Linuxsysman@wally:~$

using a 2.6 kernel might help convincing your card to use alsa.

bye, paul