Re: Debian mobile BoF at DebConf17

On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 3:43 AM, JBB wrote:

> Extra packages which could be, but wouldn't needed to be packaged in Debian
> are:
>
> - libhybris
> - the systemd services

If you would like to work on that, check out this page:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

BTW, a related package is android-permissions, it needs people:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/android-permissions

> - adbd (heard it is not tested and maintained in debian)

Please report a bug/patch against src:android-platform-system-core,
that is where the adb client is built from on Debian and it also
contains the daemon source code.

> If you could imagine using Halium, it would be nice to add it to the wiki
> page under "Hardware that is not supported by mainline kernel".

The wiki is open to edits from all ;)

I've added it to the BoF and the main wiki page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Mobile/BoF201708?action=diff&rev1=4&rev2=5
https://wiki.debian.org/Mobile?action=diff&rev1=234&rev2=235

> We could use the same rootfs for Halium and mainline devices

Debian doesn't currently support distributing rootfs' suitable for
users, every system that does (including Debian Live CDs) has to hack
around the lack of support for this in dpkg and all the Debian
packages. So I'd strongly suggest basing any rootfs generation on
Debian Live's rootfs munging, so that isn't being maintained twice.

BTW, there are a huge variety of system build tools, please do not
reinvent the wheel :)

https://wiki.debian.org/SystemBuildTools

> I'm not that experienced in using live-build, but my work so far is
> available on http://github.com/JBBgameich/rootfs-builder, branch debian.

live-build has been replaced in Debian by live-wrapper FYI.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise