Re: mipsel in debian-installer?

On Wed, 2004-03-17 18:47:04 +0100, Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20040317174704.GA721@excalibur.cologne.de>:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 12:27:11PM +0100, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > I'm using my new (input api / serio) lk[24]01 keyboard driver each day
> > on my Athlon. Works great and doesn't have keymap problems since it can
> > now just use i386/PC keyboard layout (as all new keyboard drivers do).
>
> The problem with the keyboard support in d-i is in userspace (in a
> certain installer module), not on the kernel side. One thing I am
> interested in, though: have you tried running X using your input
> device driver? Does it work?

It does. In fact, I've ripped the ps2 keyboard off my Athlon machine
(it's my main desktop box so it's *really* used) and now, I'm only
running off a LK401.

X11 works as expected, using the pc105 keyboard layout (remember, all
keyboards now emit i386-style keycodes, scancodes are generated from
those and are no directly passed directly when running in raw mode).

One last nitpick: lk201 doesn't have an Alt key, so you can (currently)
only change consoles if you remap eg. Compose (which is where you'd
expect the Alt key) to Alt. Of course, I'd just exchange Alt and
Compose...

MfG, JBG