Re: Need .config files for Debians kernel-image-2.4.24-mips(el)

removing linux-mips.org from the cc: list, since this is actually Debian
stuff.

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 05:23:39PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> I saw that and am updating it. I was planing of sending you a patch
> when its done and working. If you feel your time is running short
Please be _very_ carefull. Just updating to .24 won't help. It's broken
on almost all subarchs relevant to Debian.

> Is the kernel-patch-2.4.22-mips relative to the debian kernel source
> or the vanilla source? And is the result (after patching) the mips cvs
> or cvs merged with the debian patch? And should that be done that way
> again?
We build against kernel-image-2.4.x debian package but we diff against
linux-mips.org CVS.

> Apart from updating the patch (vanila->mips cvs, testing if it gives
> any conflicts now) I added my own system XXS1500 board from MyCable to
> the configs and added the kernel-image deb and udebs to the control
> file. No major changes yet.
That's no big deal. Updated configs are very welcome as long (and as
they are not mips64 since we don't build these by default yet).

> Have you thought about dropping the udebs and letting debian-installer
> build -di udebs the way it does for several other arches now?
What would this buy us?
 -- Guido