Re: lintian error due to arm64 and aarch64 mismatch on raspberry pi

On 2023-11-11 19:36 +0530, Shriram Ravindranathan wrote:
> when I run dpkg --print-architecture it says arm64 but when I run the
> command arch it says aarch64.
> Am I doing something wrong here? how do I get it to build for aarch64?

Just to clarify your confusion:
arm64 is the debian (and kernel) name for the architecture
aarch64 is the manufacturers/GNU-toolchain name for the architecture

They are the same thing, just different nomenclatures.
dpkg-architecture -aarm64
will show you the various names/features.

amd64 has the same situation with 'amd64' and 'x86_64'

None of this has anything to do with your actual lintian error, as you have worked out :-)

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Debian, Wookware, ARM
http://wookware.org/