Re: Question about building a deb package

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 11:44:46AM +0800, Yunmei Li wrote:
> I am new to building deb packages, and I would like some help with a
> question.
> I am trying to build a deb package for Milvus(https://milvus.io/) on
> Ubuntu18.04 or Ubuntu 20.04. Building Milvus requires Cmake 3.18 or higher,
> but the latest version of cmake is 3.16 on Ubuntu 20.04 (golang has the
> same situation). Could I directly use the cmake binary when building my
> package? Or is there any other solution?
As this mailing list is specifically about Debian contributions, this is
offtopic here (both because the question is about Ubuntu and because it's
about packaging for local use).
For official packages the only common option would be to not build it on
systems where the required dependency versions are not available.

--
WBR, wRAR