Help with cmake and mips64el

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with package c-blosc [1]. After the recent
update of cmake (3.22.0-1) the testsuite on mips64el started to fail.
c-blosc 1.21.1+ds1-1 [2] was successfully built on 2021-10-08, while
the newer version 1.21.1+ds2-1 [3] failed on 2021-11-27. Now, there
have been several packages that's been updated during that time, but
to make the testsuite succeed again, it was enough to change the
default -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None to "Release".

I tested packages all the way back to 1.17.1+ds1-1 on mips64el,
packaged two years ago, to see if it's consistent. The result is the
same, testsuite failure with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None and success with
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release.

Part of why I'm puzzled, only one out of eighteen architecture fails.
I struggle to understand why, and if it's something underneath that
triggers the errors.
All my testing has been on non-native hardware.

I've read both upstream release notes and the debian changelog for
cmake without seeing anything related to this. Does anyone know if
something has changed with cmake, or what could cause something like
this?

Regards,
Håvard

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/c-blosc