Re: Collaboration in Debian Security and DSA Teams

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 1:34 AM EDUARDO PONCE ARREOLA wrote:

> My name is Eduardo Ponce and I am interested to help and to become a member of the Debian System Administration and Debian Security Teams.

To become a member of these teams, you need to be a Debian member for
a while and then later be invited by those teams.

> Where could I start to get involved?

There are lots of ways to contribute to the teams in Debian without
yet being a member of Debian or the teams, many are listed here:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

Some ideas for the security team from that page:

You can help track, find and fix security issues within the packages
in Debian. You can also help harden packages, repositories and images
and other things.

A great way to start on that is to install the debscan package and run
it, this will inform you of all the known security issues on your
system. You can then look them up in the security tracker and spend
time on fixing the issues.

If you would like to help encourage others to fix security issues, the
how-can-i-help package could use some work adding promotion of
security issues:

https://bugs.debian.org/912700

Some links for the security team work:

https://security-team.debian.org/
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/data/report
https://www.debian.org/security/audit/
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#bug-security
https://www.debian.org/security/
https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening
https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening/RepoAndImages
https://wiki.debian.org/Hardening/Goals

For the sysadmin team there aren't a list of ways to get involved yet,
but perhaps you can start by perusing the DSA wiki and the DSA team
page on the Debian wiki and the list of Debian service teams you might
also like to contribute to.

https://dsa.debian.org/
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DSA
https://wiki.debian.org/Services

> Could someone help me during the proccess please?

You can ask any questions you have on this list and folks here will
try to answer them.

--
bye,
pabs