Re: My debian/control and possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description

On Saturday, 1 December 2018 19:02:04 CET Tong Sun wrote:
> > What if you put another space in front of each item in the list? See
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/xorg-team/lib/libxcb/blob/debian/unstable/debian/
> > control
> >
> > for an example of something similar.
>
> THANK! That's a much clearer explanation of the problem and the fix.

For what it's worth, cme is able to detect and fix this issue. Here's the cme
in action to fix the problem shown by lintian:

$ cme fix dpkg-control
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Warning in 'binary:"golang-github-danverbraganza-varcaser-dev" Description'
value 'Varcaser is a library for converting variables between different
programming language casing conventions.

The case transformation component of Varcaser is implemented without
regular expressions.

Available Case Conventions:
- HTTP-Header-Case
- HttpHeaderCase
- kebab-case
- KebabCase
- LowerCamelCase
- lowerCamelCase
- LowerCamelCaseKeepCaps
- lowerCamelCaseKeepCaps
- LowerSnakeCase
- lower_snake_case
- SCREAMING-KEBAB-CASE
- ScreamingKebabCase
- ScreamingSnakeCase
- SCREAMING_SNAKE_CASE
- UpperCamelCase
- UpperCamelCaseKeepCaps': lintian like possible-unindented-list-in-extended-
description. i.e. "-" or "*" without leading white space

Changes applied to dpkg-control configuration:
- binary:"golang-github-danverbraganza-varcaser-dev" Description has new
value: 'Varcaser is a library for converting variables between diffe[...]' #
applied fix for :lintian like possible-unindented-list-in-extended-
description. i.e. "-" or "*" without leading white space

upstream domi@ylum:/tmp/golang-github-danverbraganza-varcaser$ cme check dpkg-
control
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

The warning message provided by cme could use some improvement, which I'm
going to implement soon.

All the best