Re: ghdl package has been removed from Mentors

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Joris van Rantwijk wrote:

> I actually found two Debian developers who have been very helpful and
> were willing to sponsor the package. Unfortunately we then discovered
> a copyright issue which makes it impossible to distribute GHDL in the
> Debian archive. I'm still making unofficial GHDL Debian packages
> available, but my efforts to get GHDL in the Debian archive are on hold.

I don't know the nature of the copyright issue but in general if
Debian can't distribute something, mentors can't either. It sounds
like you should have removed ghdl from mentors immediately after
discovering this issue. BTW, ghdl is still in unstable/oldstable,
should it be removed from there too?

https://packages.qa.debian.org/g/ghdl.html

--
bye,