Re: Help needed to maintain wordpress

----- "Raphael Hertzog" wrote:
> I would like to find someone willing to take over the maintenance of
> wordpress in Debian (the most popular software to run a blog).
> The package is in a relatively good shape but it needs active maintenance
> to keep up with new upstream releases and security updates.
> One of the immediate challenge that I won't have the time to tackle is
> that the Debian package has been providing translations in wordpress-l10n
> for a long time already, but upstream just rolled out a new "language
> pack" mechanism and we probably need to adapt debian/get-upstream-i18n
> to use this new mechanism. Some PHP programming skills are required
> for this task.
> I have also left a debian/TODO with some more changes that we should
> implement.

I've been looking to get myself back involved with Debian and have been looking for something useful to work on. Our day to day paying work requires that we work with Wordpress and we have an interest in trying to automate installs (which we are currently doing with Ansible). I would be willing to take on the package. If you can hang around for a bit of a "trial period" you could review my work and ensure that I'm living up to my responsibilities. I would also be happy to work with Giuseppe if he is still active in the package's maintenance.

Let me know,
~Ean

ps. I wasn't sure if you and Giuseppe are on the mentors list so I have copied both of you.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean@brainfood.com