Re: Upstream database update not in a single step

> I remember you said your package uses dbconfig-common. I assume you have
> this checking and versions performed by dbconfig-common. If not, why not?
No, because dbconfig-common runs after the regular postinst script. The
db-update script from the current installing version of the package is
called from postscript; calling the intermediate update by dbconfig-common
would result in the wrong order.

That said (or written), I could have the current db-update script called
by dbconfig-common.

> For the careful reader of the BTS: I am intending to do some maintenance
> work on dbconfig-common in the upcoming time, as there are several very
> annoying bugs in the package, but I think it is very nice that it
> exists. It helps to reinvent the wheel.
That sounds good.

Jan-Pascal