Re: RFS: iulib (6th attempt)

2009/8/1 Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>:
> This made me unsure that libavcodec-dev and libavformat-dev are necessary. Indeed,
> after removing them, the package could still be build in a cowbuilder.

You are right - well spotted - I have just tried building it with and
without those packages, and in either case, ./configure gives:

checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avcodec.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avcodec.h... no
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h usability... no
checking ffmpeg/avformat.h presence... no
checking for ffmpeg/avformat.h... no

libavcodec-dev and libavformat-dev are listed as dependencies
upstream[1]. I've filed a bug upstream[2]. Could lintian be improved
to check for this?

> Also, can you correct your build target so that it can be restarted if it has
> been interrupted? I know it does not happen in the buildds, but it makes the
> task of people working on the package easier.

Do you mean that if you control-C during the build, or the build fails
for some other reason, and you just want to

$ make

to carry on?

Regards

Jeff Ratcliffe