Re: [RFC] Kernel module and dpkg-divert

* "Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)" [Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:41:31 +0200]:

> I looked at ipw2x00 packages to make mine, however dpkg fails to install
> fuse-module-xxx because it overwrites fuse.ko shipped with kernel package.
> If you looked at preinst script, fuse.ko is diverted before installation
> buit dpkg fails. It works fine with ipw2x00 packages.

The problem is this:

fuse-2.6.5% grep dpkg-divert debian/p*.modules.in
debian/postrm.modules.in:               dpkg-divert --package fuse-modules-@KERNEL@ --remove --rename --divert /lib/modules/@KERNEL@/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko.linux /lib/modules/@KERNEL@/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko
                                                                         ^
                                                                         ^
                                                                         ^
debian/preinst.modules.in:              dpkg-divert --package fuse-modules-@KERNEL@ --add --rename --divert /lib/modules/@KERNEL@/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko.linux /lib/modules/@KERNEL@/kernel/fs/fuse/fuse.ko
                                                                         ^
                                                                         ^
                                                                         ^

You are giving a wrong package name. It should be 'fuse-module-@KERNEL@', not
fuse-modules.

HTH,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look
like a nail.