Getting gnucash running under Windows XP

Dear Sirs/Madams,
I am very interested in getting gnucash running on the Windows XP operating system. I have got down cygwin and are using a few programs in that, mainly the compiling tools to compile gnucash to run under Windows. Is it best to go the "./configure", "make", "make install" way and modifying files till it works? Or is it better to go the "dpkg" package way and producing packages that install under Windows XP?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
At this point in time, I do not want to go the instal Linux operating system way. Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Brown;Stephen;Grant;Mr
FN:Stephen Grant Brown
ORG:Sea Sauce Home & Garden Maintainance
TITLE:Owner
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(03) 5862 2669
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(03) 5862 2669
TEL;CELL;VOICE:0400 857 651
ADR;WORK:;;3781 Goulburn Valley Highway;Numurkah;Victoria;3636;Australia
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:3781 Goulburn Valley Highway=0D=0ANumurkah, Victoria 3636=0D=0AAustralia
ADR;HOME:;;3781 Goulburn Valley Highway;Numurkah;Victoria;3636;Australia
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:3781 Goulburn Valley Highway=0D=0ANumurkah, Victoria 3636=0D=0AAustralia
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:s_g_brown@bemail.com.au
REV:20070625T032841Z
END:VCARD