Re: RFS: brightd

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:10:18 +0200 Evgeni Golov wrote:

> > Another problem - acpi-support. You'd need to check whether brightd
> > supports more or a different range of laptops to acpi-support which can
> > do screen brightness for some laptops and can do other ACPI related
> > stuff too. That doesn't mean brightd cannot be added, it just means
> > that you should help users decide which one to use by highlighting
> > where yours differs from acpi-support.
>
> brightd supports every laptop which has a brightness control
> in /sys/class/backlight - as I understand acpi-support does not. Will
> need to test this later.

I investigated a bit on this:

acpi-support is for changing brightness with the nice keys some laptops
have ->not needed for thinkpads, they do that in hardware

brightd is for automatically changing brightness if the user is idle

So I think there is a clear functional difference (I've added the word
"automatically" to the long-desc...) and now my package is as ready as
possible.

Any comments or sponsoring-offers? ;-)
Regards
Evgeni

PS: brightd 0.3~pre1 is freshly on mentors:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/brightd/brightd_0.3~pre1-1.dsc

--
   ^^^    | Evgeni -SargentD- Golov (sargentd@die-welt.net)
 d(O_o)b  | GPG/PGP-Key-ID: 0xAC15B50C