Re: pbuilder and scons

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 02:52:27PM +0100, Claudio Moratti wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 14:29, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> > Claudio Moratti wrote:
> >
> > Interesting.  I know that in the past, when building packages that use
> > cdbs, I have had to install it on my host system.  If cdbs is not
> > installed, the clean does not finish.  I think that this is because
> > pbuilder will call clean on the host machine so that it can take a clean
> > source archive into the chroot.  Maybe try installing scons on your host
> > machine.
> Yes, this is the solution, but I don't understand why pbuilder does not do
> that into the chroot...

Looking at the pbuilder(8) man page, it seems that pbuilder always take
a .dsc file for building a package.  Therefore whatever program that
calls pbuilder needs to get the .orig.tar.gz and .diff.gz files ready.
I think that's the reason clean target in debian/rules are called.

Many times I've downloaded a source package and build it in pbuilder
without installing any build dependency.  So pbuilder is probably not
the one to blame here.

Ming
2005.12.13