Re: RFS: sysinfo -- simple GNU/Linux program that displays computer/system information

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 14:13 +0100, Adriaan Peeters wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for sysinfo [1], detailed info below. I
> already have two packages in Debian: dnstop and sipcalc.

Hi, i'm not yet a DD. Because i'm sick i have time to review your
package and i found some mistakes.

in your diff:
--- sysinfo-0.6.1.orig/src/Makefile.in
+++ sysinfo-0.6.1/src/Makefile.in

This is wrong!! you may not change anything at the orig! If you have to
apply some changes you should use dpatch and apply the patches by
debian/rules.

debian/changelog:
  * Initial Debian Release (Closes: 333680)
This makes no sense, it is a debian package so the "debian" can be
ommited, the rest is ok.

debian/control:
please add this below the description:
.
Homepage: <URL of upstream homepage>

debian/copyright:
It was downloaded from <http:/...> (the crocodiles cannot be ommited).
Why everywhere those asterisks?

debian/docs:
instead of AUTHORS we have debian/copyright.

debian/rules:
please remove the lines you don't need and the commented ones. And if
you let this:

ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.sub)" ""
        cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.sub config.sub
endif
ifneq "$(wildcard /usr/share/misc/config.guess)" ""
        cp -f /usr/share/misc/config.guess config.guess
endif

in, you should build-depend to autotools-dev!

Thank you for your contribution

Mario