Re: XOOPS Debian Package

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 05:40:18PM -0600, Erick Vresnev Castellanos Hern?ndez wrote:
> W: xoops: extra-license-file usr/share/xoops/docs/COPYING.txt
> W: xoops: extra-license-file usr/share/xoops/html/class/mail/phpmailer/LICENSE
> W: xoops: possible-bashism-in-maintainer-script postinst:23
> 'p{("a".."z","A".."Z",0..9)[int(rand(62))]}'
> W: xoops: missing-debconf-dependency
> W: xoops: description-synopsis-starts-with-a-capital-letter
>
> The original source in the files COPYING.txt and LICENSE contains the
> GPL license. So I edit those files to point to the Debian file of GPL,
> but the warning is still there. Is there anything left to do about it?

Remove them entirely.  A copy of the licence accompanies the package by
reference, and that's all you need to do.  Lintian doesn't look inside the
files, it just says "hey, that's a filename that looks like a licence file"
and throws a fit.  Since your copyright file will list the relevant licences
and pointers to them, there's no need to have extra files around pointing
there too.

Also, I take it that you're planning on moving that usr/share/xoops/docs
directory to usr/share/doc/xoops like it's supposed to be.

- Matt