Re: RFS: spampd - a SpamAssassin based SMTP/LMTP scanning proxy daemon

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Does postfix not have something like exim's routers?(I really am asking
> - I don't know postfix well).  I was under the impression that one of
> the strengths of it's modularity was that you could plug extra pieces in
> in the middle of a routing chain for stuff just like this.

No.  The modularity is there for security reasons only.  You *could*
write a router module and plug it somewhere, but that would be C code, and
you would need to change the postfix source to do it AFAIK.

What postfix allows one to easily plug is output drivers (i.e. the final
delivery agent), and filters.

Exim's email routing is more versatile than postfix's.

  Henrique Holschuh