Re: Distributing a custom kernel for replicator

sharkey@ale.physics.sunysb.edu wrote:

I plan to distribute a custom kernel for the installation bootdisk of replicator. This is mainly a monolitic kernel with all network cards drivers plus some networking option.

My question is : can I compile this by hand and then only release the binary (along with the right .config of course)

Are you planning on supporting all architectures?

The first release of replicator in woody will be for i386.

I must find alpha/sparc/ppc hardware before supporting those arch.

Note that alpha and sparc support is already in replicator but it need
testing.

That's a lot of kernels to build.

Good remark.

or should I build a automatic kernel builder?

I'd think that would be better.

Noted :-)

Eric

SEb