Re: .deb packages including kernel modules?

Marc Haber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> can anybody recommend an existing package with a kernel module that I
> can use as model for "my" internal package for the e100.o driver from
> Intel?
>
> Do I see correctly, that I can and should have my package Depend: on
> kernel-image-$version to be sure to be reminded to update the kernel
> module as well when I update the kernel?
>
> Is there a policy document about packages that contain kernel modules?

It seems to me that the best packages to model on would be things like alsa, pcmcia
and i2c which all have a source package (so that people can compile their own
modules) and a modules package, with modules compiled against currently released
kernels.

Using these as a model would mean that you could expect make-kpkg to work, which
would be essential, of course.

Cheers,
					Andrew
           Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64(21)635-694, Fax: +64(4)499-5596, Office: +64(4)499-2267xtn709