Re: [users] Re: Where's lame

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 11:00:01AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> What about setting up a non-patent debian archive somewhere were the patent
> don't apply. India could be a likely candidate, i think, but then maybe they
> only don't like patent on medicine or such ?

I'm in India. I'm not sure about the official state of things here, though
from what I figure, there shouldn't be a problem with patents here. I have
not heard of a patent infringement case being filed here myself..
If people are interested, I could try to find out whats the scene here
on patents like ?

The fact is that there is a non-us is bad enough. I could probably even
arrange for a non-patent archive here, but thats not the way we should be
solving the problem.

Freenet is another solution I can think of. However I just posted a mail
on why lame can't be distributed, and I await replies to that one. There
have been no concrete reasons given anywhere for that. I have also cc'd it
to debian-legal.

viral

--
"Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me, HaHaHaaaaaa!"