Re: Internal compiler error

It turns out it was an overclocked cpu problem.  Thanks for the all
help, I guess I will have to get a bigger fan, before I can really
overclock my AMD350.  You cannot imagen the weight off my shoulders now
that I can compile again.  I was sceptical about it being my memory
because my 128MB 16x64 DIMM PC-100 SDRAM is just a year old.  I
overclocked my cpu to 400MHz (ASUS remainned at 100MHz).  I will have to
look deeper into overclocking before I attempt it again.

Again thanks for the support and the links too,
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ was a good page for me and I did run the
mtest program too.  I just rebooted into 2.2.18 and compiled the new
kernel without any problems.

james
[ ops. about the mailing list, I will direct further questions to
debian-users ]