RE: server/client programs

On 12-Oct-98 Shaleh wrote:
> You can do either.  Just please make a server package and a client package.
> Especially if you add to init.d.

Already done :)  Infact, since the client package could theoreticlly be used
w/o the server (there are server's running in the world) I've already uploaded
it :)

>On 12-Oct-98 Darren Benham wrote:
>> If a game has a server program and client programs... and if the server
>> program
>> is installed, should it set itself up in the init scripts or should it wait
>> for explicit execution?

I think I'd like to stick with "manual" start for the first package, maybe add
init.d in -2 if there's a request for it... but is "either" still the answer if
the game requires root write privilages to run?  ie.  The save files (which
shouldn't be player writable) are stored in directories that are currently
root.root.  But even something else (like games.bin) will require suid or sgid
* http://benham.net/index.html                                     <><  *