How to move a directory?

Hi,

    I have this problem: wmaker 0.14.1-6 had some files in
  /etc/X11/WindowMaker/Styles, but wmaker 0.15.1-0 has the same files
  in /usr/share/WindowMaker/Styles. What do I do with the leftovers?
  The old files where tagged as conffiles, but after some thinking,
  and reorganization of the default menus, I have come to the
  conclusion that a) those are not conffiles, and b) there's a way
  arround for the local sysadmin to override the contents of the new
  files without much trouble. Is a warning on the postinst enough?

                              Marcelo