Re: Fwd: civetweb_1.15+dfsg-5_source.changes REJECTED

Hi Sébastien,

Am Sat, Jul 15, 2023 at 01:46:57PM +0200 schrieb Sébastien Jodogne:
> I've tried to fix issue #1037603 in the civetweb package:

Thanks a lot for doing so.

> Unfortunately, my upload has failed with the log below.
>
> Please could you explain me what I should do when facing such a situation?
> Thanks in advance!

For whatever reason the pristine-tar information does not match the
upstream source tarball.  My way to solve it is to re-import the
tarball I get via

    apt source civetweb

I would do so right now but since civetweb is lagging behind upstream I'm
just doing the upgrade which will inject a new upstream source tarball which
fixes the issue as well.

I admit I'm a bit scared about the need to update the symbols file again.
For my not very well educated eyes we do not need to bump SOVERSION -
but I'd like to have some review here.

Moreover lintian throws two errors:

E: libcivetweb-dev: pkg-config-multi-arch-wrong-dir full text contains architecture specific dir x86_64-linux-gnu [usr/share/pkgconfig/civetweb-cpp.pc]
E: libcivetweb-dev: pkg-config-multi-arch-wrong-dir full text contains architecture specific dir x86_64-linux-gnu [usr/share/pkgconfig/civetweb.pc]

So in case you see some issues that take longer to resolve (bumping
SOVERSION means new processing) it might be more sensible to revert the
upstream version to what we had and fix the bug first.

> On another topic, it looks like I've been kicked off the
> "debian-med-packaging" mailing list, and I'm unable to register back using
> my "s.jodogne@orthanc-labs.com" e-mail. Is there currently a known issue on
> the Debian mailing lists?

Not that I'm aware off.  Unfortunately I have no idea what to do in
this case.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--