Re: Finishing ncbi-vdb and sra-sdk

Hi Aaron,

Am Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 09:06:28AM -0400 schrieb Aaron M. Ucko:
> > I wanted to set you "Owner" of the Debian Med team repository since this
> > is the maximum power.  I realised you are owner.  So either someone has
> > beaten me and just did so or something is wrong if you can't do what you
> > want to do.
>
> OK, thanks.  A closer look indicated that GitLab doesn't normally allow
> *anyone* to force-push to protected branches:
>
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/protected_branches.html
>
> I temporarily enabled force pushes for this one just long enough for my
> needs.  I would have preferred to be able to relax the policy just for
> owners, but AFAICT nobody else pushed in the interim anyway.

I guess its save to unprotect a branch for a couple of hours on any
of our Debian Med packages. ;-)

> >> - Lower priority: I have not yet taught the Java bindings to look for
> >>   full SONAMEs, so they still depend on a -dev package.  I'd appreciate
> >>   help from someone more familiar with Java.
> >
> > I admit I do not understand the problem but I have put Pierre in CC.
>
> More concretely, the bindings should directly load libncbi-ngs.so.3, and
> depend directly on libncbi-ngs3, rather than going through the
> unversioned libncbi-ngs.so symlink and depending on libncbi-ngs-dev.  I
> made appropriate changes on the Python front, but I'm not so clear on
> how to do the same for Java.

I admit I also have no idea.  I'd recommend that if you find no
immediate solution for this to upload anyway.  Either we'll find a
solution while the package is sitting in new or later.

> > A comment to your question in your other mail:  Sorry, I have no idea
> > how to teach CI to pick from experimental.
>
> OK, thanks.  No big deal, though it might be nice to have it working.

Sure. :-)

> Meanwhile, I reckon I'll also want to revisit debian/copyright,
> particularly with a pass through NEW upcoming. ;-)

We are all pressing thumbs for a speedy migration to new. ;-)

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de