Re: Towards AlphaFold

On Sun, Aug 01, 2021 at 10:27:29PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > I was not sure about the repository that should host this package. Med felt wrong, Science maybe, for https://salsa.debian.org/deeplearning-team this did not feel neither deep nor learnish enough, so I went for Python but am not very opinionated about it.
>
> Since this definitely is some machine learning tool, deeplearning team is a better fit for this one

I admit I would also avoid to spread packages to to many teams.  Its
really hard to watch those with our QA tools.  I would consider the
language teams (be it Python, Java, etc.) only the second best option
since when packages are maintained there we usually learn about RC bugs
via testing removal warnings and info about new upstream versions come
not very visibly to our attention if the packages are not in our tasks
(which is the case for those not really bio-medical preconditions).

> > The next packages are from within https://github.com/deepmind and I would like to keep them together, which would now mean within the Deep Learning Team, even when some packages are of mere auxiliary nature. Is that fine with you? Or rather Science?
>
> deep learning team sounds best. However you might want to send in an email to -ai to check w/ rest ai team members

Fine for me.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--