Re: https://github.com/nf-core/covid19 - nextflow pipeline

> > https://github.com/nanoporetech/ - the nanopore is a prime tool for
> > covid-19
>
> Hmmm, that github directory lists several tools but none with this
> description neither the name nanopore.  I've found a software named
> nanopore on Github here:

Hi Andreas,
"nanopore" in "the nanopore is a prime tool for covid-19" possibly
means the way or devices or tools to sequence DNA by the company:
Oxford Nanopore technology [1] 's sequencing device such as MiniON,
GridION, PromethION [1].
It is a sequencing way to detect base pairs (A, T, G, C) of DNA by
passing it to the device's protein nano (small) pore (hole).
As it is a sequencing of long reads, and the specific tools for the
long reads are used. It's not like a sequencing of short reads for
example for Illumina sequencers.

[1] https://nanoporetech.com/

--
Jun | He - His - Him