Re: Regarding debian10 with latest linux kernel version.

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 05:25:01AM +0000, Nitin Singh wrote:
> I am using debian10 base distribution along with linux-kernel 4.19.x.
> I wanted to test my application along with linux kernel version-6.1.x <debian10 base>.
> I know that it is not supported officially <packages and library support may not work>, but is it possible to verify kernel-version-6.1.x with Debian-10 ?

You could:

   - install bookworm in a VirtualBox virtual machine and
     deploy your application: that would be the safest
     and simplest way with a bookworm (12) virtual machine

   - try to install the linux kernel manually on your buster (10),
     this might break things

   - deploy your application in a Debian buster (10) container on a
     LXC or Docker bookworm host: this might create problems as some
     kernel ABI might have changed

Typically, I was unable to install a bookworm container on a buster host kernel
(reverse problem you want to try), but bullseye and bookworm containers seems
to work on a bullseye host.

A loooong time ago, I had to fix a problem like this with a LD_PRELOAD, until
full upgrade was possible.